The Probst Group is looking for a Project Engineer to help support our customers and organization as it relates to industrial wastewater and creating unique engineered solutions. The Probst Group officially formed in 2008, but team members have been providing true, customized solutions that are focused on the individual needs of every client for 30+ years. We are proud to offer unparalleled experience in industrial wastewater engineering and operations.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to HR@ProbstGroup.com for immediate consideration.
Expectations for the Project Engineer:
- Work closely with Probst Project Managers to complete assigned tasks
- Review process data and prepare process design calculations as requested by Probst Project Managers
- Review process data and prepare design calculations
- Gather and analyze client data for use in design development
- Assist in analyzing existing treatment processes and wastewater characteristics to determine existing loadings to wastewater treatment plants (WWTP).
- Estimate future flows and loadings to ensure compliance with local and federal regulations for review.
- Utilize Probst configuration model and templates for design including Treatment Unit Sizing, Pipe Sizing, Motor List, etc.
- Evaluate, select, and apply various wastewater treatment technologies, equipment, and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or develop designs
- Complete bid requests and evaluate quotations for equipment and contractors
- Work with drafters to develop site layouts as well as process flow and process instrumentation diagrams
- Develop and review design calculations, engineering reports, technical memos, and operation & maintenance manuals for industrial wastewater treatment systems
- Prepare purchase requisitions and review purchase orders for equipment on assigned projects
- Actively contribute to Probst continuous improvement goals
- Participate in department meetings
- Support compliance, operations, sales, and accounting teams, as necessary
- Maintain billable percentage of 80% by the end of the 1st year
Requirements for the Project Engineer:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably with an emphasis in Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Environmental Engineering
- Able to work out of the Brookfield, WI office
- Travel up to 20% of the time (primarily in WI)
- Display strong, concise written communication, primarily for reports, directions, or proposals
- Preferred course work or experience in Industrial Wastewater Management