An important aspect of construction safety is crane use and rigging. Adhere to the following guidelines to perform a safe, successful lift.
- Prepare a lift plan and review it with the crew before performing the lift.
The lift plan should include confirmation of:
- Weight of lift including rigging, center of gravity, lift points, lift radius
- Crane capacity
- Crane footing / foundation suitability and the need for mats or cribbing
- Underground installations that may be affected
- Meteorological conditions – wind, lightning etc.
- Clearance between crane, load and adjacent equipment & facilities
- Clearance to power lines
- Restrict lift area with barricades
- Crane operator view of load and communication plan ( radio, hand signals etc.)
- The crane should have current certificates attesting to maintenance and inspection
- The crane operator should be certified
- Rigging (i.e. spreader bars, slings, hooks, etc.) should have the appropriate rating and current certification
Whether a unit process improvement, or a complete treatment plant, we have the expertise to design, supply, and install a solution for your wastewater treatment needs.
When you select The Probst Group to install your wastewater solution, we will strive to maintain an injury/incident – free project. Probst will maintain safety as our highest priority. No aspect of construction is more important than protecting employees, property, and the environment.
The Probst Group, LLC